Monday, October 24, 2011

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now: Coconut Pecan Frosting

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Coconut Pecan Frosting
Oct 24th 2011, 10:05

When I made this Coconut Pecan Frosting recipe for my German Chocolate Cake, my family, most especially my daughter, fell in love with it. She was right too. There was just something about all of that butter mixed with coconut and pecans. Yummm...my!

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter
  • 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1-1/2 cups coconut
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, lightly toasted

Preparation:

In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add sweetened condensed milk and egg yolk. Bring to a boil while constantly stirring. Once it boils, remove from heat. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cool to room temperature before putting on German Chocolate Cake or other cake.

Makes enough to ice one 2-layer cake.

Notes in the Margin:

Unlike other versions of this recipe, this recipe runs down the side of the cake, which I prefer. If you want to "tighten-up" this icing, add more coconut and pecans, about 1/2 each should do it. Also, make sure it's completely cool. My icing was still a little warm when I put it on my cake.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment