Saturday, December 31, 2011

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now: Ginny's Peanut Brittle

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Ginny's Peanut Brittle
Dec 31st 2011, 11:02

Everyone just loves my sister-in-law's recipe for Peanut Brittle. The last time I made the brittle I made it with cashews. Fabulous.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 cup dry roasted or salted peanuts, coarsely chopped or cashews
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • dash salt
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablesppon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Preparation:

Lightly grease microwavable glass bowl, metal baking sheet* and utensil used for stirring.

Mix nuts, sugar, syrup and salt in glass bowl. Cook for 4 minutes in microwave on high. Stir. Cook** for 3-1/2 more minutes. It will be hot and bubbly.

Stir in butter and vanilla. Cook for 3 more minutes. Add baking soda. (It will foam.) Pour onto cookie sheet. Slightly shake sheet so that it’ll spread out a little.

Once cool, break into small pieces. Keep in an airtight container.

*When greasing the metal pan, I'm going to use butter or margarine. It's strange having spray grease on the bottom of the brittle.

**Cooking times for microwaves vary. When I made my Cashew Brittle I overcooked it slightly. The 3-1/2 minutes on the second time microwaving was too long. I needed to pay more attention to my nose and stopped the oven earlier.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment