Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now: Favorite Cookie Recipes

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week

Favorite Cookie Recipes
13 Jul 2011, 11:01 am

It was easy coming up with this list of my favorite cookies. The only problem I had was ranking them. From year to year, my favorites change. This last Christmas I just loved making and eating the Thumbprint cookies. Oatmeal Cookies were my biggest favorite the summer my family was doing a lot of road trips. Oatmeal Cookies make a great snack and small meal substitute. Sugar Cookies are always good, and a necessity when you have a school-aged child.

1. Chocolate Chip Cookies

Use big chunks of semisweet chocolate in this version of a chocolate chip cookie.
Just mention Chocolate Chip Cookies and the mouth starts watering. Everyone seems to love these cookies. This recipe uses chunks of chocolate and more brown sugar than the typical recipe.

You could try these recipes also:
Regular Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookies for the Adult Taste Buds

2. Snickerdoodles

These taste outstanding with a cup of tea.

Snickerdoodles have become very popular again. I was shocked to see that you could buy them in the slice-and-bake rolls.

3. Peanut Butter Cookies

This is one of the first cookies I ever made.Photo © 2007 Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com, Inc.

Peanut Butter Cookies are some of the first cookies I ever baked. In fact, this is the recipe I used.

4. Oatmeal Cookies

The Original Breakfast BarPhoto © 2007 Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com, Inc.

I absolutely love the toasted oatmeal and nut flavors in these cookies. I knew it was a special day when Mother made these for me.

5. Thumbprints

These cookies are filled with either strawberry, blackberry or apricot jams or orange marmalade.Photo © 2006 Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com, Inc.

Kids of all ages love these cookies. I love their versatility. You can fill them with your favorite jams or chocolate.

6. Shortbread

I can always make shortbread as I always have flour, sugar and butter on hand in my kitchen.Photo © 2006 Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com, Inc.

Who would have thought that combining just flour, butter and sugar would taste so good?

7. Macaroons

In less than 45 minutes, you could be eating these cookies.Photo © 2007 Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com, Inc.

Here's another simple, yet much-loved, cookie recipe. Coconut is the basic ingredient in this recipe.

8. No-Bake Cookies

These cookies taste much better than they look.Photo © 2007 Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com, Inc.
I get requests for these recipes all of the time. The request always includes a note with memories of their mother making them.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

9. Sugar Cookies

This antique cutter is the same shape as the Girl Shout membership pin and Boy Scout emblem.Photo © 2007 Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com, Inc.

I also get a lot of emails about this recipe for Sugar Cookies. Everyone gets perfect results. I know you will, too.

10. Butter Cookies a.k.a. Spritz Cookies

You can't beat these light butter-flavored cookies. They used to be a pain to make when I had to use my old metal cookie press. My electric cookie press makes making Spritz Cookies so much easier.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment