Sunday, November 20, 2011

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now: Cranberry-Orange Relish

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Cranberry-Orange Relish
Nov 20th 2011, 10:03

I love serving this recipe with both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. It's also perfect on a holiday breakfast buffet.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 cups Cranberry-Orange Relish

Ingredients:

  • 4 medium oranges*, washed
  • 2 pounds fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon**

Preparation:

Early in the day, cut unpeeled oranges into quarters. Remove seeds. Put oranges and cranberries into food processor. While processing, add sugar. Divide between 2 containers. Place one in the refrigerator and the other in the freezer.

Notes in the Margin -

* I'm really lucky in that my brother and sister-in-law always give me a big bag of tangerines from their tree in Florida at this time of year. Needless to say, more than once I've made this relish with tangerines instead of oranges. It still tastes just as good. Depending on the size of tangerines, I used 1 and 1/2 tangerines to each orange required in the recipe.
**I think it was Needlepoint 142 that first told me about adding the cinnamon. It heightens the flavor of the cranberries and oranges.
Typically, I make my relish just before Thanksgiving. Half is eaten then and the other is frozen for Christmas.
Otherwise, I'll use any leftover Cranberry-Orange Relish in two of my favorite breakfast dishes: Baked Oatmeal and Fruited French Toast.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment