Thursday, November 24, 2011

Desserts / Baking: Black Friday Energy Bars

Desserts / Baking
Get the latest headlines from the Desserts / Baking GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Black Friday Energy Bars
Nov 25th 2011, 00:43

2011 Photo by Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com.With all of that running around on Black Friday, you need something to keep you going. These Oatmeal Bar Cookies are just what you need. They have all of the necessary components like being sweet and slightly salty, but also the oats will "stick-with-you" for a while.

I grew-up shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. It was a joy shopping with my grandmother and then with my friends as I grew older. The stores went from opening at regular time, and then it got earlier and earlier as the years went on. I didn't complain too much at having to get up at 4:00am to be at a store a 5:00am. We'd shop, have breakfast and be home by lunch. I'd take a nap and then have all of my gifts wrapped by dinnertime. This year, they've finally, and totally ruined it for me. What is the point of the day-after-Thanksgiving shopping taking place Thanksgiving night? How many diehards will be shopping at one store at 10:00pm, then another at midnight, while others don't open until 5:00am. Some store somewhere is going to lose out.

I will confess that I will be going this year, but only as the chauffeur to my daughter and her friends. While they shop, I'll be in the car with a cup of coffee and one of these Oatmeal Bar Cookies, while reading the latest Janet Evanovich novel, Explosive Eighteen. Hopefully, the latest antics of Stephanie and Lula will keep me awake. Just so you know, I've already done most of my shopping online and at a couple of smaller local stores.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment