Sunday, January 8, 2012

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now: Dark Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

Desserts / Baking: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Dark Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Jan 8th 2012, 11:05

A couple of days before Christmas, I'm in the kitchen just finishing-up a couple of Tropical Carrot Cakes when my niece comes in. She asked if I was planning to make a chocolate cake as that was her favorite. I hadn't planned on it. In fact, I was just about to make the Bacardi Rum Cake. Realizing that kids don't care that much for cakes made with alcohol or vegetables, I decided to make a chocolate cake. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough flour to make one from scratch and I didn't have a chocolate cake mix. I ended-up using a yellow cake mix with a few additions. This cake turned-out to be everyone's favorite.

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 18.25 ounce yellow cake mix
  • 4 serving-szie package white chocolate instant pudding mix
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 10 ounce bag dark chocolate chips
  • 1 ounce white chocolate bar
  • 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour Bundt cake pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, cocoa powder, eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream and cinnamon. Use an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in dark chocolate chips. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes and tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to finish cooling on wire rack. Place cake on serving plate. Separately melt white and semi-sweet chocolates. Spoon semi-sweet chocolate over top of cake. Spoon white chocolate over that.

[blockquote shade=grur]My response to the review given by I_See_It
I always appreciate it when someone takes the time to rate and review one of my recipes. Please keep in mind though, that a true review is one that is of the recipe as written, not as altered by the reviewer. Thank you. Carroll Pellegrinelli, Guide to Desserts and Baking

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment