Saturday, July 9, 2011

Desserts / Baking: Hot Fudge Icing

Desserts / Baking
Get the latest headlines from the Desserts / Baking GuideSite.

Hot Fudge Icing
9 Jul 2011, 2:28 am

2009 Hot Fudge Icing Photo by Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com.I received this email from K.H. - "Hi, I just discovered a recipe for chocolate cake with fudge. But I have problem putting the choc fudge on the cake. The fudge tends to get lumpy as soon as it gets cold. It's hard to spread. The fudge has corn starch in it. Could this be the problem? Can you suggest a substitute?"

Well, yes, K.H. I can suggest some substitutes, but first I'd like to know if your cake was still warm when you frosted it? I ask this because most cakes frosted with fudge icing are made in 9x13 pans and are frosted soon after they are removed from the oven. If your cake wasn't still warm, that have been your problem.

Below are a couple of other recipes that I make quite often you might want to try:
Hot Fudge Icing

Scotch (nothing to do with the liquor) Chocolate Cake
Quick Coca-Cola Cake

Good luck K.H. and thanks for your email.

2011 Hot Fudge Icing Photo by Carroll Pellegrinelli, licensed to About.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment