Thursday, August 4, 2011

Desserts / Baking: A Tale of Two Birthday Cakes

Desserts / Baking
Get the latest headlines from the Desserts / Baking GuideSite.
A Tale of Two Birthday Cakes
Aug 4th 2011, 01:07

Sixteenth Birthday Cake Photo by Carroll PellegrinelliYou know how it is, my daughter wanted a store-bought birthday cake for her teenage party. A homemade cake just wouldn't do. She choose a purple cake, with multicolored polka-dots. As you can see, the cake is very cute. Too bad it didn't taste very good. The cake itself was good, but forget the purple icing. Purple icing tasted worse than red or black icing. It was awful!

Mandarin Orange Cake Photo by Carroll PellegrinelliA few days later, we had some of our friends over for another birthday celebration. My husband was preparing his famous chicken fajitas. After eating a slightly spicy meal, I suggested that we needed something cool and creamy like the Pig Pickin' Cake" for dessert. My daughter doesn't care for artificial whipped topping so I came up with this from-scratch version of a Mandarin Orange Cake. My daughter admitted my cake was much, much better than the store-bought cake.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment